Home » I Constantly Worry about My Mental Health

I Constantly Worry about My Mental Health

From a teen in the U.S.: when i was 16 i started smoking weed heavily everyday for about a year and a half. i started smoking because i had a bad breakup. the girl i loved deeply at that age, left me for another man. i had to stop after i had a bad trip on acid which during the trip. i had anxiety and fears of getting schizophrenia the whole time for 12 hours. this happened about 7 months ago. ever since then iv had to quit weed because it gave me panic attacks. iv had 3 total panic attacks since then. 1 on weed. 1 i think from nicotine. and the last one was from me being sober?.

i don’t know what’s going on. it’s like i worry if i’ll be like this forever. i worry about it 24/7 and it’s hard to stop thinking about it. some days i’ll be fine. and others i have bad anxiety. i’m going to start eating healthy and working out. i’m 5’11” 150 and play basketball all the time. so i’m active.

i don’t know if i got a mental illness from that bad trip. or does it just take long to recover. it’s been 7 months. what do you thinks wrong with me? my parents say there’s no schizophrenia in the family. my mom seems to have a bit of anxiety. and i think my dads bipolar, but i don’t know. some times he’s cool and when he’s stressed he’s a dick. what should i do? please respond.

A.

What you need to do is see a psychiatrist who is experienced in addictions. I don’t know enough about the long term effects of acid and weed. I do know that I don’t know and neither do you. So, please, get yourself to someone who can answer your very good questions and who can treat your panic attacks.

Worrying isn’t helping you. If you knew what to do to get relief, you would have done it already. Please take care of yourself and see someone who can give you the help you need and deserve.