Home » Ask the Therapist » I Have Problems with Communication & Feeling

I Have Problems with Communication & Feeling

I cannot speak any languages without my original language. even I know these languages but I don’t know why I can’t talking with people sometimes I feel I don’t have a desire to do that even I need it at work and school. I feel I’m changed everything is different now. I’m was so active girl. I was having a work a lot of friend and perfect body. Now I’m fat I do everything but I can lose some weight everyday my weight is changing. I can’t focus on my study also I don’t have a desire to know new people. please help me because now I can’t even going to cinema I scared to know anyone because I can’t speak. I feel very calm and I do not want to feel anything. I remember my past life and I want to go back to it. I feel I do not have time to rebuild my life. I’m 29 now and I came to America two years ago. I graduated from college and had my work and friends. Never again. I’m scared. I feel sorry. Unfortunately, I know that I should not be. I tried to prevent myself from thinking this way, but to no avail.

A.

I’m sorry you’re having this experience. I’m wondering if you have supportive friends and family who can help? If not, you might try counseling or a support group. There may be therapists who can speak your language.

Another idea is to check with the university. Even if you’re no longer a student, they may have connections with people in the community who can help. If you are religious, you might try local church groups. Religious groups are often very active in the community. It might be a good way to connect with others.

Hopefully these ideas are helpful. Between mental health professionals and local community groups, you might find what you need. Good luck and please take care.