Home » Disorders » Depression » Fear and Depression

Fear and Depression

Hi, Doctor,
I think I’m continued dive in the depression. I can’t feel very well. When I trying to get rid of my bad thoughts which is continuously coming to my mind –I can’t. When I trying to concentrate on my work I can’t. Every time I think about ” what happened next or what if I can’t do anything in my life.” I literally struggled to live a normal Happy life. I’m now 24 and nothing I’ve to do with my life. When I get up –think to do take a step for my career or anything, I feel fear–; the fear of nothing I don’t know where this fear in came from and why I feared a lot Every time…my all day went like this. Please help me to overcome my meaningless fear and the big one of the big problems for me is I’m not very Happy with my physique… I’m a very skinny guy and of course, I just want to get rid of this skinny shit… Pls help me what should I do…….pls pls pls reply soon…..Awaited to ur reply. (From India)

Fear and Depression

A.

And yet you are trying to improve yourself by learning a second language. You are already showing courage, persistence, and honesty by taking such a deep and detailed look at yourself and asking for help. It is a very brave thing to be able to do this and your courage is happening in spite of your depression.

You’ve listed yourself as a student and if you are at a university there are many opportunities there for you to: 1. get involved with other students; 2. get some support; and 3. learn new things. These three opportunities are there for you and you need to make a choice to start investigating them. Not to make a choice to change is making a choice to stay the same. I would also talk to the counseling center at your university. They can give you some support and ideas about how to begin these changes and maintain them. You’ve done a very good thing here by reaching out. Now it is time to take the next step.

Fear and Depression