Home » What is Wrong with My Friend?

What is Wrong with My Friend?

My friend started with Agoraphobia, then extreme paranoia, and then complete mental physical disability: This issue has been ongoing for 12 years. He currently exhibits limited mental ability, speaks very few words, and is no longer able to control his motor skills. Just looking to help find a way to get him back…

What is Wrong with My Friend?

A.

This is a complex problem that requires professional intervention. Encourage him to seek help. Support him if he does, but beyond that there may be nothing you can do.

He might be open to your suggestions. Continue trying and never give up. One day, he might take your advice.

All of the symptoms you described are highly treatable. Phobias, in particular, are highly receptive to specific types of behavioral treatment. Perhaps providing him with information about treatment successes for phobias might convince him to accept treatment. You can find more information on the internet.

Do everything to convince him to seek help but realize that your power is limited.

Concerning mental health treatment, you can’t force someone to undergo treatment that they don’t want. I’m hoping for a positive outcome. Good luck with your efforts. Please take care.

What is Wrong with My Friend?