Home » Stress Management » What Do You Call It When Someone Doesn’t React to Stress?

What Do You Call It When Someone Doesn’t React to Stress?

From a man in Hawaii: What is name of condition of someone who has extreme stressors in life (In last 7 months) my friend has quit drinking, quit thc, quit Jehovah Witness, getting divorced. but show no symptoms of stress. Is there a name for that condition. what are major potential problems?

A.

Your friend is very fortunate to have a friend like yourself who is concerned about him. But do take one day at a time on this.

It’s possible that your friend isn’t stressed but, on the contrary, is relieving himself of the things that stressed him. If that’s the case, he is probably feeling good and enjoying life in new ways.

If, on the other hand, he is in denial about stress from all the life changes, it’s possible that he will at some point get very upset. Since i don’t know the person, I can’t speculate on what form that upset would take.

Or — it could be some combination.

Whatever the case, take the lead from him.

I wish you well,