Home » Disorders » Sleep » Concerning Dream

Concerning Dream

I had a dream I was living with an unknown male who kidnapped toddlers, raped and murdered them and put their bodies in his cellar. He also left infants outside in the heat, exposed to the elements until they died. I tried to escape from him without him knowing I knew. It was so terrifying. Why did I have this horrible dream?

Concerning Dream

A.

Dreams are often attempts by our psyche to help us in some way, even if they are scary and nightmarish. The main element of this dream is that you know someone’s horrible nature and want to get away from him—without him knowing. If I were having this dream I’d be looking at situations in my life where I feel unsafe and try to make changes.

Concerning Dream