Home » Getting Angry at Others Because of Some Silly Issues

Getting Angry at Others Because of Some Silly Issues

Hi, I am particular about some things or some actions that I do in my daily life. But when other people are doing those things which very particular for me in a wrong way I am getting angry. I am unable to control that anger. I am afraid that one day my anger will become a danger to others or to me.

Please help with this! [From India]

A.

There isn’t a lot of information about what it is that makes you angry and what you do in response to it. But I understand it is a difficulty for you. The nature of the “particular” is the most telling. Often when we have a highly specific routine that other people disrupt or do differently it can cause a frustration, if we are obsessive about what we are particular. While it is in no way an attempt to diagnosis what you are going through, I think it might be helpful for you to read this on OCD and this on anger management to see if it helps.