Home » Ask the Therapist » I Have Voices that Told Me I Need Help; I Woke Up to Find Multiple Notes on My Wall Telling Me to Find Help

I Have Voices that Told Me I Need Help; I Woke Up to Find Multiple Notes on My Wall Telling Me to Find Help

I have voices inside my head that tell me what to do and if i don’t listen i begin to have a terrible headache and start to feel drowsy (if it’s severe I lose control over the body and someone else takes over) . Personalities that live inside my head take over the body and I am unable to come out during those times. Some of them have a name and appearance. I don’t have much memories of my childhood and if try to remember I begin to have a terrible migraine so I avoid them. The voices are always with me and they take turns maneuvering the body. They are all nice but there are some that completely take over and harms the body buy trying to choke it or by hitting it. And sometimes all I can do is lie on the floor unable to move a muscle as the voices won’t allow me to take control. Please help me cause I’m scared I’m going crazy.

A.

I would recommend consulting both a mental health professional and a physician. A mental health professional can assess your symptoms and determine if a disorder is present. They have specialized training and will know what might be wrong.

You mentioned a series of physical experiences that need to be assessed. Memory loss might be associated with your migraines but an evaluation is necessary to determine its cause. A physician will assess whether or not a physical health problem is present. If something is physically wrong, it’s important to receive the correct diagnosis and the appropriate treatment. The sooner, the better.

I’m sorry that this is happening to you. By following the aforementioned advice, these issues will likely become more manageable and less frightening. Start by contacting your primary care physician and asking for their assistance. Good luck and please take care.