Home » Ask the Therapist » Hearing My Voice in My Head Say Bad Things

Hearing My Voice in My Head Say Bad Things

My voice been saying bad things for 5 days telling to hurt or kill people the crazy thing Is I’m not thinking these thoughts and I’m not hearing voices it’s just my voice in my head and I say it out loud. I told my mom but she told to tell my therapist. I think I have a mental disorder I been diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

A.

I am sorry you are having to cope with such a difficult condition. Talking to your therapist is the right thing to do and checking into our forums will help you learn what others have done to cope with these symptoms.

The main thing is to continue to look for support as you work on figuring out the best treatment. You did a good thing checking in with us here — now bring this to your therapist and join the forums.

-Dr. Dan