Home » I Have No Close Friends and I Can’t Keep Any New Ones

I Have No Close Friends and I Can’t Keep Any New Ones

So I have no close friends at the moment probably I know some people enough just to say hi but no close one and whenever I make any they go away I don’t know if its my personality the reason or the way I behave and the only friends I can gain are school friends since there is no other place I go to I can’t really stand myself alone. Thanks for helping.

A.

You mentioned that you have no close friends “at the moment.” That would suggest that you have had close friends but something recently has changed.

Maybe the people you are meeting right now are not a good match for you. No one befriends every one they meet. You are going to like some people more than others and some will like you more than others. That is the nature of social interaction.

It’s also common for people to have mostly just acquaintances and only a few close friends. Close relationships are very time consuming. They require a great deal of energy and commitment. Most people simply do not have time to have many close friends. Meaningful relationships are typically few in number.

If you are concerned about your ability to make friends, it would be wise to consult a professional. Unfortunately, I simply don’t have enough information to know if there is a problem. An in-person therapist would be in the best position to answer your question and correct whatever may be wrong. They will help to determine if your perceptions are accurate.

There may be nothing wrong with how you interact with people, but if there is a problem, a therapist will help. Please take care.