Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Reactive Attachment Disorder and Psychosis

Reactive Attachment Disorder and Psychosis

From a teen in the U.S.: Reactive Attachment Disorder and Psychosis. I have both. I have never been able to find any information on the prevalence of these two disorders together (psychotic disorder not otherwise specified and reactive attachment disorder). What is currently known about having both of these disorders? Is there anything even known about it? Has there ever been such a documented case?

A.

It didn’t take me long to find scholarly articles on the comorbidity of Reactive Attachment Disorder and Psychosis. However, my focus is on why investigating it is important to you. People who read this column regularly know that I’m not as concerned with assigning diagnostic labels as I am with encouraging people to find good care.

You didn’t mention who diagnosed you or whether you are in treatment. I hope so. A therapist who knows you well can help you understand the implications of the diagnoses in your particular case and will be able help you heal. If you aren’t currently seeing a therapist, please take care of yourself by doing so.