Home » I Enjoy Watching Myself Bleed

I Enjoy Watching Myself Bleed

I’ve been cutting at my forearm for a few weeks now and in total have probably cut it 200 ish times. Most of the cuts aren’t deep and are like bad scratches but a few times I accidentally got to the fat layer. I’m not depressed, I am not suicidal, I haven’t had any emotional trauma or other things I am trying to cope with. The only reason I cut myself is because I like watching myself bleed. I know that there must be something wrong with me in order for me to willingly do this to myself but I don’t know what and wanted to ask someone anonymously. (From New Zealand)

I Enjoy Watching Myself Bleed

A.

This sounds like a condition that you will want to get help for sooner rather than later. Please look to find a therapist in your area who has some experience with cutting. In the meantime here is one of our articles you may find helpful in explaining what may be behind it. You can validate what is in the article and speak to a therapist who can help narrow down what the best treatment options are.

I Enjoy Watching Myself Bleed