Home » Ask the Therapist » What Are the Symptoms of Praxil?

What Are the Symptoms of Praxil?

I have been suffering severe anxiety for almost 8 months now and I have tried everything from changing my diet to meditation to no avail. I was numb for 4 months straight and I have had difficulty breathing for nearly three months straight. I have been to the doctor numerous times and most of them said anxiety. Finally, after a visit with a psychologist a two days ago, he recommends that I take Praxil and I have not used them yet. I want to know what is your experience with Praxil or any other antidepressant?

What Are the Symptoms of Praxil?

A.

The name of the medication is Paxil and not Praxil. You might try reading or joining one of the Psych Central forums. You can post a message in the appropriate forum and ask people to respond. You can also research the medication by googling “Paxil and side effects.”

When you begin taking any medicine, it is important to know that it affects everyone differently. Medication that works for some people may not work for others and vice versa. Side effects may be a problem for some people but not others.

Another important aspect of taking medication, especially psychotropic medication, is that it’s often a matter of trial and error. It may take some time to find the one that works best for you. There are many possible medication options.

The key to success often involves having a prescribing physician who is open to making changes and adjustments when necessary. It is also a good habit to track “how” the medication affects you (i.e., mood, side effects, etc.) and report that information to your prescribing physician.

Changing your diet and meditation may help to reduce anxiety symptoms but they are not first-line treatments for anxiety. You mentioned visiting with a psychologist which means that you are likely in therapy. That is good because scientific studies indicate that therapy is the best treatments for anxiety. If you have begun counseling, it seems that you’re on the right track. I wish you luck.

What Are the Symptoms of Praxil?