Home » In Love with a Video Game Character

In Love with a Video Game Character

I’m a 30 year old woman and I’m in love with a video game character. I know he’s not real but he’s all I think about i spend day looking stuff up about him. Im sad because I know is pointless but I that’s how I feel. I don’t want to get over him but liking him makes me sad and my anxiety worse. Please help.

In Love with a Video Game Character

A.

If you know there’s a problem and you can’t fix it, then it’s incumbent upon you to seek help. I know it’s difficult but it’s what needs to be done. If you know something is wrong but refuse to fix it, you are being self-destructive.

You may have depression and anxiety. That may be why you’re putting all of your time and energy into a video game character. Obviously, this is misguided. Depression and anxiety are highly treatable conditions. Contact your primary care physician and ask for a referral. You don’t have to tell them why you want the referral, you just need to ask. Once you meet with a therapist, you should begin to feel better. Each session should bring relief. Counseling works but only if you’re willing to seek it out and do what is necessary to feel better. You have the power to make positive changes.

I hope this helps you know what next steps to take. Please write again if you have additional questions. Good luck.

In Love with a Video Game Character