Home » Problems with Ear Drums

Problems with Ear Drums

One of my new favorite hobbies is diving, which I gladly took up on recent trips to Belize and the Honduras. But my most recent dives that I did in the Honduras wreaked havoc on my ear drums because I made the mistake of diving with the common cold, which is discouraged in diving. My ears drove me even more crazy when I made the flight home from that trip. I couldn’t hear well for days and even when my ears were gummed up and painful, I couldn’t open my ears, even when I tried all of the traditional methods of clearing out those tubes (yawning, gulping, gum, etc). As I plan to do some dives this summer, I need suggestions. How can I unstuff my ears when the usual techniques fail?

I also have another question about my perennially moist ear drums. No thanks to my allergies, my ear drums are normally much more moist and squishy to the touch than most. I guess its just the way it is when I spend a lot of time outdoors as an allergy sufferer, but I can never seem to go more than a day or two without cleaning my ear drums before gunk re-accumulates in my ears. How can I keep my ears cleaner and less squishy for longer?

Problems with Ear Drums

A.

Our ears can be troublesome to our wellbeing when they are not functioning optimally. I wouldn’t delay in getting them checked by and ear, nose and throat doctor. He or she can give you the best answers to these questions.

Problems with Ear Drums