Home » Disorders » OCD » My Fear of Non-Existence Is Ruining My Life

My Fear of Non-Existence Is Ruining My Life

About a week ago, I stumbled upon the fact that I am one day going to not exist on earth anymore. Ever since that realization, I cannot stop thinking about it and it’s ruining my life. I no longer find anything enjoyable and every time the thought comes up again, I get a strange feeling in my gut, similar to the feeling of a broken heart and I begin to have a sort of breakdown. I just want to stop thinking about it in total and go back to my normal life without this happening multiple times a day, almost every hour. Please, is there any way to fix or cope with this? I’m getting to the point where it is too hard to handle.

A.

Remember, all religions believe that you survive death. There may be a few odd religions that do not but to the best of my ability I know of none. Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, etc., they all believe that you survive death. That in itself should be comforting.

Two of the best scientists in the world, whose talks can be found on YouTube, state flatly that you will survive death. Dr. Robert Lanza and Dr. Federico Faggin are there names. Both of these men are recognized worldwide as great scientists.

Reading books about quantum physics and the research that is being done in that field, will show truly amazing things. Things that indicate a reality of such intricate complexity that it’s reality may always escape human understanding.

Many books have been written about near-death experiences. Many videos exist on YouTube, created by people who have had these near-death experiences. They describe going to a place that is so amazingly wonderful that they resist returning to this world, when they are told that they must do so.

Do the things that I have suggested, reading, watching, etc. Talk to religious people around you. If you still have any concerns at all, then by all means, see a therapist. Good luck.