Home » I’m Lazy and Stuck

I’m Lazy and Stuck

From a teen in New Zealand: I am so unhealthy and lethargic. I hate who I am. I am ruining my life and i dont even know who I really am. I have gone through my life never really partaking in physical activies and now i am stuck

I’m Lazy and Stuck

A.

Calling yourself names isn’t going to make you feel better. Blaming and shaming yourself isn’t going to change a thing.

You gave me very little to go on. What I can tell you is that no one is going to help you unless you start helping yourself. People can give you lots of advice about all of the issues that trouble you. But only you can put such advice into action.

If you are worried about your physical health, a good start would be to make an appointment with your doctor. There may be a medical reason for your lethargy. If you are physically okay, then what is required is taking some small steps each day to build up your physical health and strength. That may mean a short walk each day until you build up to a exercise routine. That may mean changing your diet so you are taking better care of your nutritional needs. It may mean disciplining yourself to get 8 hours of sleep each night.

If you are so unmotivated that you can’t even begin a routine for self-care, then I suggest you see a counselor. You may need some more detailed guidance and support to jump start you out of your unhealthy habits. That’s okay. That’s what counselors are for. Many people find it helpful to be accountable to someone else when they are trying to make changes.

I’m Lazy and Stuck