Home » Personality » I Am Experiencing a Radical Change in My Personality

I Am Experiencing a Radical Change in My Personality

In the past week I haven’t been feeling like myself. It’s like suddenly my character changed out of nowhere. I can feel this newfound power inside that’s making me more confident but parallely, it’s making me more stubborn and reckless when making decisions. And I almost don’t recognize myself anymore since I went from a shy, considerate serious girl to a bold, reckless and violent(I don’t show it though). My imagination also expanded and I became a little more open minded than before. Before I used to be so unsure of my decisions and always thought twice before making one and now I make decisions real quick but instinctively. This new change feels good but terrifying at the same time.

A.

Subjectively, you believe that your personality has changed “radically.” Objectively, however, that may not be true. Just because you feel different doesn’t mean that you are different. It’s the nature of moods to fluctuate. If I were interviewing you in person, I would want to know what is different this week than last week. What has changed? Has there been a major development in your life?

You would feel a great deal of relief if you consulted a professional. They would provide an objective evaluation about your mental health. You may also want to keep a journal of your moods. It’s a good way to understand trends and patterns in your feelings.

Ultimately, the best solution is to consult a mental health professional. They’re trained to know how to help, if there is a problem. Please take care.