Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Schizophrenia, I Think

Schizophrenia, I Think

So, I’ve noticed my mind isn’t exactly normal. There’s another entity in here that controls my imagination, sometimes subjects thoughts into my mind, and makes me paranoid and makes me feel impulsive at times. Sometimes if someone gets close to me it makes me want to punch the person and run off somewhere else. There’s someone in my head, but its not me. Used to, it had more control over me, but I’ve been able to realize that he doesn’t control me. He doesn’t know me. He doesn’t know anything. Used to he had me convinced I was Satan’s son, but I now realize that was a mad idea. even though I don’t listen to him, I still feel as though I am stalked. I cover my phone’s camera in fear someone is watching me. I have to look behind the bathroom curtain to make sure someone isn’t there. Physically you can’t tell I have any problems, atleast through the perspective of a normal person. But mentally my mind’s starting to melt.

Schizophrenia, I Think

A.

If there an “entity” that has overtaken your mind, it might be something other than schizophrenia such as dissociative identity disorder (DID). Perhaps the idea of an “entity” is suggestive of a delusion. You also mentioned covering your phone’s camera because you fear that someone is watching you. That could be indicative of paranoia, a common symptom of schizophrenia and related psychotic disorders.

Of course, diagnosing over the Internet is impossible. Much more information is necessary to determine if you have a disorder. I would advise you to have an in-person evaluation by a mental health professional. If you are experiencing symptoms, you should always consult a professional. They would be in the best position to determine what is wrong and most importantly, to offer treatment.

All of the symptoms you have described are treatable but they first must be brought to the attention of a mental health professional. Ask your parents to assist you in finding a professional in your community. Please write again if you have additional questions. Good luck.

Schizophrenia, I Think