Home » Depression » I Have Problems with Depression

I Have Problems with Depression

One of The Main Problems I Have Noticed Is Things That I Like Make Me Sad. Why? So for a few years now I’ve had problems with depression and also anxiety. I don’t have the funds or time to see a therapist, so i try to take care of my mental health on my own, by seeing friends and keeping busy with hobbies, etc. Logically, things i enjoy should make me happy, like watching tv shows, reading or listening to music for instance. But lately these have just made me feel more depressed. It’s gotten to the point where i won’t finish books or series or won’t draw or won’t listen to certain songs because i just feel really sad and empty when i do. I don’t understand why, and that is a problem because if i can’t understand it i can’t fix it. Why do the things that i love not make me happy anymore?

I Have Problems with Depression

A.

There are several possible reasons. One is that you might have depression. Depression makes it difficult to enjoy life. Another less likely reason is that the things you love could be changing. Young people are sometimes easily bored. Maybe your tastes are evolving. You might try reading other books, or listening to different music, etc. If you find that nothing makes you happy, then depression might be the problem and not changing interests.

It would be helpful to document your moods. It’s good to have a record of mood changes for counseling purposes. It might lead to a deeper understanding about the potential problem. For instance, you might find that you feel particularly upset after interacting with certain people or times when you don’t sleep well. Those types of facts would be good to know.

You mentioned not being able to afford therapy. What about your parents? Perhaps they would pay for therapy. If you have health insurance, there might only be a small co-pay. It might not cost as much you think and some therapists offer sliding scale fees. It’s good to ask.

You are correct when you say that it’s difficult to fix a problem that is not well understood. That is true for any problem. Professional mental health treatment is the solution. It works for many people and it could work for you too. Start the process of finding a therapist by asking your parents and or also the school counselor. Between your parents and the school counselor, you should be able to find help. Please take care.

I Have Problems with Depression