Home » Getting a Healthy Friendship

Getting a Healthy Friendship

I’ve been having issues with my friend for the past few days. I recently went to go visit him and when I came back he told me that he didn’t see us as friends anymore. He has been completely short towards me for the past few days and I really want to improve myself and be a better friend to him. We started off as internet friends in 2016 and started seeing each other in person last year. I would do anything to get my friendship back to the way it was where we are so close and having fun together.

Getting a Healthy Friendship

A.

You might ask him to explain why he no longer wants to be friends. It’s odd that you had been friends and then he no longer wants a relationship. The obvious question is what’s changed?

All you can do is ask for more information but if he no longer wants to be friends, you should respect his decision. You can’t force people to do anything they don’t want to do.

You stated in your letter that you “really want to improve yourself and be a better friend to him” but it’s not clear that you are the problem. It might be you but it might not be your fault. Something in his life may have changed. There could’ve been a miscommunication. You need more information. Once you know more, then you’ll better know what to do.

Please take care and write again if you have additional information and want more help.

Getting a Healthy Friendship