Home » Friends Say I’m Insane, Maybe I Am?

Friends Say I’m Insane, Maybe I Am?

I am a student and have a few good friends. One of my best friends who I hang out with a lot says I’m insane. Or a psychopath. I talk to myself a lot, think about death and murder and see things that aren’t there. A few people have asked if I’m high when I start hysterically laughing at something that’s not that funny. I do know that I probably have a minor depression, but could that be the only issue? My parents say I’m not crazy, but I also rarely tell them about how I feel. I’m certain that they don’t understand. Am I crazy? Or just a teen?

Friends Say I’m Insane, Maybe I Am?

A.

I highly doubt that the people who are labeling you with various problems are trained to diagnose you. Only trained mental health professionals would know if you are insane or a psychopath. Perhaps they are expressing their concerns about your choice of topics. They may be worried about why you are focused on death and murder.

You mentioned depression but did not elaborate. Perhaps you are focused on death and murder because of depression. If you suspect depression, then you should go into treatment. Consult a therapist. Ask your parents for their assistance in receiving treatment for depression. Depression is highly treatable with counseling and in some cases, medication. I hope you will ask your parents for their assistance. It is the right thing to do. I wish you the best of luck. Please take care.

Friends Say I’m Insane, Maybe I Am?