Home » I Hate Myself Because of Breaking in Front of My Mom

I Hate Myself Because of Breaking in Front of My Mom

When i fight with my mom and she attacks me emotionally (she stopped beating me since i was 16) I start crying and then start hating myself for that. I want to be more strong or emotionless against her. (From Romania)

A.

Thank you for writing us here. You’ll want to be strong — not emotionless. To become strong you need support from others. I would encourage you to talk to family members you can trust, teachers at school, or perhaps religious leaders you are familiar with in your community. You need help from people who can support you as you deal with your mom. You’ve done a great job by starting the process here. Now it is time to reach out and ask those who are in a position to support you.