Home » Disorders » Sleep » Does My Dream Mean Something?

Does My Dream Mean Something?

From a teen in the U.S.: Last night I had a dream about my uncle he has said things about suicide before but not in awhile but anyway when I was dreaming I was walking outside my apartments and saw my uncle in a car then he sped away and turned around and then drove straight into a wall… does this mean something? Or is it a problem I have

Does My Dream Mean Something?

A.

I don’t see this as a “problem”. My take on it is that you are worried about your uncle. Often we dream about things that are bothering us.

I encourage you to talk to your parents about your concern. What is being done to help him? Is the crisis truly over? It may be that you haven’t been included in discussions about how he is doing and that you are worrying for nothing. Or it may be that you are picking up anxiety from other members of the family. Whichever is the case, you will feel better if things aren’t left to your imagination — and dreams.

Does My Dream Mean Something?