Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » I Worry That I May Have Schizophrenia

I Worry That I May Have Schizophrenia

I’ve been observing myself, paying attention to everything around me as much as i can, and i’ve noticed that i have many symptoms similar to the symptoms of schizophrenia. I’ve been experiencing hallucinations and delusions, mainly delusions. I often see a figure following me around just behind my back, shadows near me, and my delusions include the thought that everything i see is not real, that everyone hates me, that something will eventually come and kill me, even if its not alive, amd much more. I also have thoughts that seem to come from someone else, and i cant control any of my thoughts, and i cant control myself as well. My thoughts are always i mess, i cant speak well and i have no speech problems. Its very difficult to express my emotions, and often, it feel like i cant even feel them. I cant take care of myself. The smallest task can seem like such s pain, and i have also many more things i have experienced. I have been diagnosed with depression, and also fear that i may have anxiety. I apologize for english, and how messed up this may end up being.

I Worry That I May Have Schizophrenia

A.

It’s risky to diagnose yourself. The fact that you’ve been diagnosed with depression would suggest that you’ve been evaluated by a clinician. Mental health professionals are trained to know the difference between psychological disorders. Of course, it’s not an exact science but there is very little similarity between depression and schizophrenia. If they thought you had schizophrenia, then you would likely have received that diagnosis. The fact you have not received that diagnosis should ease your mind.

You mentioned having anxiety. It’s is common for people with anxiety to fear that they have schizophrenia. It is one of the most common questions that I receive. Anxiety causes fear and some people have fears about “going crazy.” In their minds, they equate “going crazy” to having schizophrenia. People who don’t know what schizophrenia is, will sometimes fear that they have it.

I would encourage you to report your symptoms to a mental health professional. If you believe that you have received the wrong diagnosis, have another evaluation. That will help you to know if your fears are accurate.

It seems as though you’ve been evaluated by a mental professional but it’s not clear if you are seeing one regularly for counseling. If not, you should consider doing so. Counseling could help you a great deal. It is the ideal place to learn how to regulate your emotions and reduce your anxiety. Counseling is especially helpful for people with anxiety disorders. I hope this answer helps you to know how to proceed. Please take care.

I Worry That I May Have Schizophrenia