Home » Why Is My Ex Behaving Like This?

Why Is My Ex Behaving Like This?

From France: My ex messaged me wishing me a Happy New Year and asked if we can be friends and visit her apt, we have kids together. We messaged back and forth for a short time and she wanted to meet to discuss kids, but I told her that I was continuing to move on. She still wanted to meet to discuss the kids and I was ok with that.

She found out that I have a girlfriend and has since decided that she doesn’t want to see or speak or meet with me anymore.

Why is she behaving like this?

Why Is My Ex Behaving Like This?

A.

The best way to find out is to ask her. For that question to be well-received, you need to ask without any element of accusation or anger. It is more likely that the conversation will move forward if you can share your sadness that she has changed her mind and your willingness to stay in touch.

If she won’t do it for herself, I hope she will do it for your children. Children of divorce do so much better when their parents are able to have regular, friendly conversations about the kids’ needs.

Why Is My Ex Behaving Like This?