Home » Library » My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Going Back to Her Ex-Husband

My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Going Back to Her Ex-Husband

My ex GF has 3 kids. She divorced her husband 2 years ago. He has done a lot of mental, emotional abuse and manipulation to her and the kids. The recent one is that he threatened to take the kids away from her if her gf wasn’t gone by that night. Her gf was really nice and did everything for the kids and her. It broke her heart and the kids. A day later, she ended up sitting with her ex husband like nothing happened. What my question is, is why does she keep going back to him and apologizing to every time. She knows that he’s a bad person, but still goes back to him.

A:  The children, finances, and other factors may be reasons that bond them together beyond him being a “good” or “bad” person. The key is for you to learn more about this by having a conversation with your girlfriend about her behavior, while explaining how difficult it is for you to see her do this. These conversations will help the intimacy between the two of you evolve.