Home » Just Wondering

Just Wondering

hello i was just wondering if it is possible to be a “reformed” psychopath, alot of my life i have felt psychopath or sociopathic, but i do comprehend empathy which tells me im not psychopath ( although it is noted i do care alot of the time when i do understande their view point) and also i haven’t had the kind of childhood that would lead to sociopathicy… so any ideas, im sick of feeling different and want at least a name for what i am.

Just Wondering

A.

This is a difficult question to answer because I know virtually nothing about you. You wrote that you felt like a psychopath but offered very little else. There are many misconceptions about psychopathy. People incorrectly label all sorts of behavior psychopathic.

In general, psychopaths are thought to be non-reformable. Perhaps, over time, they may be less destructive and more law-abiding, but most researchers who study psychopathy don’t think they can change. In fact, as a group, they are often considered untreatable. Whether they can change or be treated remains an open debate among experts.

If you would like to write back and provide more information, I might be able to give you a more tailored answer. Thanks for your question. Please take care.

Just Wondering