Home » Library » Relationships » Sexuality » Husband Sexting Women and Emotional Affairs

Husband Sexting Women and Emotional Affairs

Husband sexting other women over our 5 years of marriage. I believe some maybe turned into emotional affairs. He says it was because he was in a bubble and he will change. Says he loves me and worships the ground I walk on. I asked him why didn’t he just sleep with the women (because the are all local). He said because “I didn’t want to.”  How could that be? Why talk that way and not do it? Is he being honest with me? Will he really stop? I just feel like he is not being 100 percent honest. I love him and want it to work, but I am so terrified he will hurt me again.

A: Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend that you and your husband seek consultation with a couples counselor. Ultimately you will have to make a decision about whether or not you can trust him again. It would be important to explore some of the underlying issues in terms of what your husband means when he states that he “was in a bubble.” It is of course possible that your husband did not cross a physical line; however, it does sound like he crossed a line emotionally which can be just as damaging to a relationship. It will also be important for you to explore your needs in the marriage and if they are being met. I wish you the best of luck.

– Dr. Mimi

Dr. Mimi Shagaga