Home » Boyfriend Starting to Lie to Me

Boyfriend Starting to Lie to Me

My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 months and he’s starting to tell me white lies and when I tell him I wish to work on them he agrees.

But I feel like it’s in one ear and out the other since we’re in a rough patch currently due to him thinking I’m sacrificing my happiness for him.

Then he told me he feels like I’m controlling and he feels trapped. So far, he told me two white lies that didn’t bother me at the time. Except now I have constant anxiety that he’s always lying to me.

He knows this and swears he’s working on not lying and telling me the truth even if the truth hurts. He says he wants this relationship and he loves me. But if he really loved me, he wouldn’t lie to me, right?

We’re very open and we used to be in total puppy love till I got jealous over his best friend who happens to be an ex. Mutual breakup and they’re still friends and he lied to me about her having his new number.

Then he lied to me about not using Facebook. When I confront him he gets sad, tells me he’s a horrible boyfriend and that he’s sorry.

I just feel like trust is gone and although he wants to fix things and work on things I’m kinda worried this relationship is doomed.

Boyfriend Starting to Lie to Me

A.

There isn’t much here to bank on for a future stable relationship. He keeps lying, tells you one thing — and does another. The Facebook lie and giving out his number to his ex are bright red flags. If all this is happening within the first 9 months, when things should be fantastic, there isn’t much of a future. It is time to move on.

Boyfriend Starting to Lie to Me