Home » I Don’t Like Being Around People

I Don’t Like Being Around People

I don’t like being around people. When I’m forced into social situations which is every day i just want to run back to my bedroom and be alone. I have always been extremely shy and quiet. But now I don’t even want to hang out with all my friends who im very close with. Its getting to the point that my friend gets frustrated with me because I never want to hang out and just want to be alone. This is also not just with my friends its with my family as well. I look forward to being home alone because then I would finally be relaxed. Please help me I dont know whats wrong with me. I have always been a shy person but its gotten so much worse.

I Don’t Like Being Around People

A.

The reason why you are isolating matters. If I were your therapist, I would explore what led you to want to isolate more now than before. Is it a preference for solitude or in response to something that happened? An event? An experience?

Having the answer to those questions would help me to understand what may be wrong. I’m afraid that without that information, it’s difficult for me to know. Further investigation is needed.

Generally speaking, people who isolate are often doing so because of depression or anxiety. Having a strong social support network is associated with psychological wellness. Therefore, you should resist the urge to isolate. It might be difficult but you should try to do it anyway.

These are exactly the types of issues that are commonly addressed in counseling. The therapist will know how to help you. Ask your parents to assist you in finding a local therapist. Good luck and thanks for your question.

I Don’t Like Being Around People