Home » Disorders » Depression » Just Moved, Depressed

Just Moved, Depressed

I don’t even know if I’m actually depressed. I think I am… I’ve been told that I am, but I’ve never been diagnosed… How can I know for sure?

I just moved in August, and it’s been Soo hard for me! I so badly want to go back and board in my hometown, but my freaking parents don’t let!! I think that’s why I feel depressed… PLEASE help me!! Thank You!!!! (From the USA)

Just Moved, Depressed

A.

Your intuition, that you feel depressed about the move, sounds accurate. A move can be very disturbing and your feelings are most likely happening as part of the adjustment.

In your new school there is a counselor who can help you. Talk to him or her about the fact that you are new and having difficulties. This will help. Talking about this with someone who has experience in this sort of thing can help you find ways to deal with these feelings.

Just Moved, Depressed