Home » I Don’t Know if I’m Mixing Up My Realities and if It Needs to Stop

I Don’t Know if I’m Mixing Up My Realities and if It Needs to Stop

Sometimes I pretend that I know people like celebrities or people I idolize. It’s more of like I act like I’m their friend and they’re my friends. I usually do this in private when I’m alone, it’s like I’m trying to entertain myself or distract myself. I act like maybe I’m on video with them and whenever I watch different videos on my phone they’re reacting to it with me. This had first started maybe two or three years back and I can’t seem to stop it. Whenever I’m around people I obviously don’t act this way and I get snapped out of it. I don’t know how to stop this, if it should stop, or if I just have an active imagination.

A.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You can control your imagination because you know not to do it around others. For now let’s leave it as an active imagination. If you are concerned that it is happening too much, make an effort to be around others more often. This will slow it down and also lets you know you have control over it.