Home » Disorders » Depression » Depression Causing Me to Do Terrible Things to Myself

Depression Causing Me to Do Terrible Things to Myself

Depression is destroying me I am cutting my arms multiple times a day and I don’t feel like even living most of the time. I don’t want to have to feel this way and I always try to cover it up and be happy but it never works and I am losing hope and happiness every single day I just need something to help me. I have tried to kill myself multiple times but I just can’t push myself to do it and I feel as if I don’t have anything to live for anymore. So please respond as soon as you can and help me with this because I can never get enough courage to even say this to most people. (From the USA)

A.

It takes a huge amount of courage to reach out for some answers and help. You’ve done the right thing here — and I am going to encourage you to join our forums so you can immediately begin talking to others about how they have coped with this. I know it may be hard to realize — but there is hope and real treatment for what you are feeling and going through.

The next step is to talk to your parents and if that isn’t possible the guidance counselor at your school. He or she is trained to help and they will make certain you will be with people that can help you feel better. Let someone know how you feel because this is the only way to help. In fact, if it is too difficult to find the words — you can just show them this article.

In the meantime use the forums to connect with others who can understand what you are going through because they are as well.