Home » I Lost Control Over My Body

I Lost Control Over My Body

Last night something happened that I’ve never gone through. Me in my bf were in my car and I was mad and frustrated with him(remind you the day before was one of my worst days because I almost broke up with him) so I became so stressed and aggravated. He told me to relax and I slowly started to become light headed and eventually I wasn’t able to move. I felt completely soulless. I wasn’t able to feel anymore and I couldn’t talk. Even my bf said I looked dead it took about 2 hours for me to slowly start moving and talking. I remember I was able to see and hear everything but I couldn’t do anything. Eventually I became very scared of what was going on to me and I started crying and he told me it might be a way that my body just shut down so I wasn’t able to feel anymore. I feel like God did this to me so I can finally relax, but I don’t know. Can you please give me the answers ? (From the USA)

I Lost Control Over My Body

A.

Of course I cannot say for certain, but this type of dissociation and psychic numbing can, indeed, happen during times of stress. It sounds like that moment was particularly intense.

I would recommend a full physical exam by your physician to check yourself out medically. This is important so that you don’t explore psychological treatment for something that may have a physical origin. Depending on the results you can either explore medical or psychological methods of relief.

In the meantime if you have not done any yoga, exercise or meditating I would encourage you to sample these. If there are helpful ways of coping with stress — these are the ones.

I Lost Control Over My Body