Home » Disorders » Eating Disorders » We Have Never Had Sex and I Found Out He Was Cheating

We Have Never Had Sex and I Found Out He Was Cheating

I was in a serious relationship for 5 years and I didn’t want to have sex with him because of my religion.  Lately he broke up with me saying that I wasn’t treating him well but then I found out that he was cheating on me with his classmate for months and they were having sex very often. I wonder if he stopped loving me because he slept with another girl.  Can he fall in love with her because of that?  Now he seems happy and indifferent, does a man forget his love by satisfying his desires or does a man fall in love after sex?  He was truly in love with me but after cheating he really changed and I don’t know if his indifference about losing me will last forever.  Please help.  Thank you!

A.

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds as though you need a partner who is on the same page as you in terms of your views on sex and religion. While it is very difficult to end a relationship after five years, it seems evident that your ex-boyfriend did not respect your views on sex. I would recommend finding a therapist to explore your own personal views on these topics and to process the breakup. I wish you the best of luck.

– Dr. Mimi

Dr. Mimi Shagaga