Home » I’m Scared of My Older Brother

I’m Scared of My Older Brother

I’ve been scared of my brother for a long time, and so is my little sister. He holds some kind of grudge against my parents and family so he doesn’t talk to us, yet he lives in the basement. When you do try to speak to him he’ll yell and swear. I’m especially afraid of him when he’s drunk, like right now. He makes noise, and one time he broke a tv. I’m scared he’ll hurt me or my family, but my parents refuse to kick him out. Even if he was kicked out though, I’m afraid he’d come back for revenge and do something awful. I hate living in fear of what he might do. One day he might snap and kill us all. People tell me not to worry about it, but how can I not? He’s dangerous, and he lives in my house. I know he must have some deep psychological issues, but he’d refuse help. I have anxiety and his behavior doesn’t help with it. What am I supposed to do? I’ve tried talking to my mom but she just gets angry when I tell her he needs to go. (From the USA)

I’m Scared of My Older Brother

A.

You don’t have to live in that kind of fear. If your parents can’t provide for your safety you need to find help from someone who will. Here is the information for you to call. You can talk to the guidance counselors or social workers at your high school as well. Any of these contacts can help your family get the help your brother needs.

I’m Scared of My Older Brother