Home » Strong Impulses to Hurt People

Strong Impulses to Hurt People

I’m 12 years old and I’ve had these strong impulses to hurt people. I often envision myself hurting people im with, see, or just when im alone. Its not just strong impulses to hurt people but also to do random things such as smash things, punch, rip, or stab (like a knife in a wall). I have ADHD so i dont know if the two relate. But when i get these strong impulses my hands/ fingers tense up and twitch so does my head. Also my eyes get narrow and I stare. (From the USA)

Strong Impulses to Hurt People

A.

Thank you for asking. I think it is a good thing that you have been able to control acting on these impulses and I am very glad you have written us here. I am sorry you are having these reactions and think it would be important for you to talk to your mom and dad about these symptoms. Many things may be causing them, and there are professional people who can help figure out what’s going on and what to do about it.

Strong Impulses to Hurt People