Home » Do I Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Do I Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

I have been in therapy for about two months. My therapist is amazing. She wants me to keep track of everything (feelings, thoughts, and so on). I personally have done research on my feelings and thoughts. I feel I fall in the borderline personality disorder category. I have had anxiety, anger/RAGE (short fuse), loneliness, depression (self-harm), the biggest problem that my therapist has noticed is fear of abandonment/ rejection. I also have a very hard time trusting people. When It comes to self-harming I cut to feel something. I have become numb to everything that once brought me joy. I often think that dying would be easier but I don’t want to die. I am also homicidal (therapist knows). I constantly need something thrilling in my life to make living worth doing. My therapist has said nothing about any personality disorders. I guess I just want your opinion on my problems. (From the USA)

A.

I can understand why you would think your symptoms be labeled as a borderline personality disorder. Since you have a good connection with the therapist I would bring your question directly to her. Let her know about the symptoms you are noticing. This will give you a chance to talk about it directly with her. She is in a very good position to answer your questions about a diagnosis.

Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral</a