Home » Disorders » Schizophrenia » Am I Having Hallucinations?

Am I Having Hallucinations?

From a 14 year old girl in the U.S.: For the past few months, I’ve been having visual and smell disturbance. Typically I see smoke or smell it when it isn’t there and only I can see it. However, I also have a history of migraines with aura so I assumed that is what they were until recently. However, when I see or smell this, I get no other symptoms of a migraine. I’ve also recently seen things out of the corner of my eye which frightened me. I have seen mice and people in the corner of my eye but have always dismissed it until now, as the smoke is getting worse and I see it more often. Is this migraine symptoms or hallucination?
*I am not bipolar(At least that I know), or depressed

Am I Having Hallucinations?

A.

I am so glad you wrote. Your symptoms should absolutely not be ignored. Even though you gave me very little information, I’m concerned. I don’t think this is a symptom of the migraines or hallucinations. I’m not an MD, so of course I can’t give you a definite answer. But if you were seeing me, I’d send you immediately to your doctor with the recommendation that he or she think about a consultation by a neurologist. This may be an indication of a neurological problem. I hope you are talking to your parents about this. If not, please show them this letter and this response.

Am I Having Hallucinations?