Home » Mom Has a Lover

Mom Has a Lover

I find out that my mom have lover. Her lover is my friend’s dad. What should I do?? (From Serbia)

Mom Has a Lover

A.

I am imagining from your question that your mom is still married to your dad. If this is the case, tell your mom that you know and that she has to deal with it. Let her know that this isn’t a secret you are willing to hold onto because it will put you in conflict with your father. Give her a timeline to do so. Don’t let her talk you into keeping a secret. It will destroy your relationship with your father once he finds out.

If your mom is no longer married to your dad then this is her business. Who she dates and her choice to keep it a secret from you is entirely up to her. In this situation it is yours to cope with.

Also, my answers may have been different if you were younger, but you list your age as 30 and I am assuming you do not live with your mother. If you were much younger living at home, this situation would require more help from outsiders.

Proof Positive Blog @ PsychCentral</a

Mom Has a Lover