Home » Am I Loosing My Mind?

Am I Loosing My Mind?

I’ve been suffering from a random bout of anxiety for about a two weeks now. It came as a result of a disturbing thought that I had about ten days ago. The initial anxiety came from the disturbing thought and I lived with it for about five days. The initial thought stopped bothering me but the anxiety hasn’t left i’ll get an extremely disturbing thought and be distressed for a few hours then move on and forget it but others will come and take its place. On other occasions i’ll just suddenly become anxious for no reason but then be fine in about an hour or two. I’m getting extremely distressed by this. I have had to deal with anxiety and depression in the past but it typically went away. This bout however feels like it will never leave me. I’m scared that I am loosing my mind. I just want to know is this is normal or not. (From USA)

Am I Loosing My Mind?

A.

Thank you for writing about this. The fact that you are disturbed for two weeks means it is something you’ll want to pay attention to. Since you know it was caused by a thought, you’ll want to and seek professional help from a therapist. The Find Help tab at the top of the page will help you find someone in your area.

Am I Loosing My Mind?