Home » Disorders » Depression » Depression and PMDD

Depression and PMDD

I am an introvert, I suffer from depression and pmdd. I take Prozac and wellbutrin. My PMDD is really bad this time. I try listening to positive affirmations everyday and listen to music that will pump me up. I still get triggered very easily and become emotional, irritable and could lose my job because of this. I dont know what to do, I am trying so hard to control myself but I cant. I feel like I need to be away from people until this passes. What can I do? (From the USA)

Depression and PMDD

A.

It sounds like you have been doing the right things to bring your premenstrual dysphoric disorder under control. The three things you didn’t mention that have been shown to bring relief along with what you are doing are diet, vitamins, and exercise. If you haven’t tried these approaches you may want to learn more about them. Here is a blog post from us that you may find useful.

Depression and PMDD