Home » ADHD » Is There a Quick Fix for ADHD?

Is There a Quick Fix for ADHD?

From the U.S.: Unable to finish any task I start, this alongside depression makes it very hard to accomplish things I really want to do. I just want to know if here are any quick reliefs to help stem ADHD from distracting me from doing day to day tasks.

Is There a Quick Fix for ADHD?

A.

The quick answer is that there is no way to get quick relief. But — there are certainly ways to work around ADHD. Many of my most successful students at the university where I teach have had to learn how to master ADHD so it doesn’t get it their way.

There are a number of ways to learn the skills you need to get in control of the ADHD so it doesn’t control you. Take a look at the messages in the ADHD forum here at PsychCentral. (Click on “Find Help” on the home page, then go to Forums.) Investigate articles on the internet. People often find most useful the sites that give helpful hints to teachers who have students with ADHD. And do consider seeing a therapist specifically with the goal to learn how to manage your impulses and your life.

With time and persistence and patience, you can make ADHD work for you.

Is There a Quick Fix for ADHD?