Home » Depression » Thinking about Suicide

Thinking about Suicide

My life has just started to fall apart and I cannot put any of the pieces back together again. I have never seen a doctor or taken any medication before because I have never felt like this before. I just want to end everything because I just don’t want to fight anymore. I have realized I just want to be alone for most days because I don’t want anyone having to deal with me or my problems. I feel like it would be better for everyone if I just took myself out of the equation completely. I think about suicide everyday because I don’t think there would be an easier way. I know life always gets better, but right now, it doesn’t seem like it is going anywhere but down. (From the USA)

Thinking about Suicide

A.

Thank you for writing. The part of you that reached out to us knows that you are in pain and need help. This is important because you have taken the very first step necessary to feeling better.

Your profile says you are at college. You university has counsellors trained to help. They can help get you a physical (sometimes the kind of feelings you are having come from a medical issue), and they can help you begin some counseling. Don’t wait. Honor the fact that the part of you that is feeling this pain wants help with it and talk to the people at your counseling center at the university.

Thinking about Suicide