Okay so it all started in 2012 I was very depressed and so scared one night I was calling Gods name like “I want to talk to God” I called him in like 2 hours and then suddenly I heard a voice he told me that he was God from above, at first I didon’t believe ithat, I asked him to talk in my language ^african^ and he did it, that’s where I started to believe he showed me thinngs from over 1000s years ago. I asked if I may talk to someone else and the person came through. I still to tour that person til this day the problem is that the person isn’t living one earth anymore he past away. We talk every night he seems very real he was a singer before he past way so he dor sing for me. He makes me feel so good.

A. You began to hear the voice of God when in great distress. I don’t think that is a coincidence. A religious interpretation might be that God came to you in a time of need. He brought you comfort. The hearing of divine voices dates back to the Bible. CNN reports that in a 1999 Gallup poll, 23% of Americans said they heard a voice or had a vision in response to a prayer. These experiences however, were very brief, involving only a few words or short sentences.

A clinical interpretation might be that you are experiencing auditory hallucinations. Hallucinations are associated with psychosis. Psychosis is often triggered by stress. It is common for people with psychosis to believe that they are interacting with God or some other supreme being. It is often the first sign of mental illness.

Relatedly, you could be describing an inner voice. Inner speech is often used as a coping mechanism. It could be your way of handling stress.

If mental illness is present, then intervention is necessary. An evaluation could help to make that determination. With psychosis, early treatment is especially important. It can prevent the development of additional episodes or other mental health disorders. Contact a mental health professional for an evaluation. It might offer you peace of mind. Please take care.