Home » Parenting » I’m Having to Live with My Mother and She Makes Me Feel Worthless

I’m Having to Live with My Mother and She Makes Me Feel Worthless

I am a divorced single mother and unemployed so I have had to move in with my mother while having severe depression. She and I have never gotten along because the day I was born she did not want me and I know this because she told me so. Father passed away in 2008 and he was always our buffer. She blames me for everything including her alcoholism and high blood pressure and heart problems and I just tried to stay out of her way and I buy all of the food and do all of the cooking and all of the cleaning yet on a daily basis she berates me about how worthless I am as a human being. She is trying to kick me out of her house but I have no money no job and nowhere to go. (From the USA)

A.

It is time to make a plan to leave. There are many services in your area that can help with housing and counseling when there is alcohol involved. Here is one. They might not be the exact one you are going to need. But they are likely to know of the best place for you to go moving forward.