Home » I’m Lost and Starts Being Negative

I’m Lost and Starts Being Negative

Lately, I’ve been feeling down, and lost. I’ve been studying really hard the past few months to graduate and after graduate I still need to study to get into university. But, I feel so tired of studying and just feeling lost and worthless. I can’t find any motivation, I even lost interest in my hobby and passion (drawing). I even haven’t draw for about two weeks and I used to draw almost everyday.

Somedays, I felt so sad that I start crying without knowing why. My mind starts telling me bad things like I’m so worthless, I’m going to fail, I won’t make my parents happy, and I’m nothing compared to my friends. I even skipped my courses class and when my school friend’s dad looking at me when I’m going somewhere (we’re neighbor) my mind starts saying that he’s underestimating me. I’m starting to think that everyone’s think that I’m stupid.

When I feel really down, sometimes I start to take blunt things like pencil and stab it into my arm until it left bruises. I’ve take a depression quiz in this site and it says I have severe depression. What is happening to me? I don’t want to have these thoughts and come back from feeling lost. Thank you for responding. (From Indonesia)

I’m Lost and Starts Being Negative

A.

Thank you for writing us here. Your feelings sound like they have a lot to do with their timing. You are feeling this way right after graduation. Right now, you are in-between settings and you do not have structured goals, familiar daily routines and friends around as you did in school.

I would work now on getting a plan for you to begin taking classes and be around people. Find a drawing class or audit another type of class at the university. You need to have a challenge and goals in front of you.

I would then talk to the counselors at the university to get some therapy for the depression. They can also help determine if medicine might be helpful as well.

I’m Lost and Starts Being Negative