Home » Disorders » PTSD » Request Single Room for Students with PTSD

Request Single Room for Students with PTSD

From the U.S: As someone who has both PTSD and Dysthymia, I have requested a single room in my University. They denied the request because they said that my reasoning for wanting a single room is invalid. I still feel that with my disorders, a private room is exactly what I need. My question is, is having PTSD and Dysthymia a valid reason to have a single room? If so, how?

A.

┬áThe housing office probably needs more than your statement that you have a diagnosis to consider your request. Sadly, there are many, many young people who are struggling with stress or mental illness. Not everyone can have a single room. The school has to make choices. I suggest you check the school’s housing office for specific criteria for your request.