Home » Voice in My Head

Voice in My Head

I have a voice in my head that telling me to do things like,” If you don’t do this something bad will happen” I try to block out the voice but I am afraid that something bad will indeed happen. My family doesn’t have a history of psychiatric disorder of any sort. I also recently showed mild symptoms of anxiety disorder like trembling, shortness of breath sometimes and abdominal pain. Please help.

Voice in My Head

A.

If you notice a problem, it’s important to seek help. Your next steps should be consulting a therapist in person. They will do a thorough evaluation of your symptoms and determine what may be wrong. At that point, a treatment plan will be developed. The plan will be specific to your needs. The therapist will likely recommend counseling and maybe medication.

Don’t make the mistake of waiting to seek help. Anxiety disorders are highly responsive to treatment. They also typically worsen without treatment. You should not needlessly suffer when effective remedies exist. Ask your parents for their assistance. They can contact a mental health professional and set up an appointment.

In the meantime, try to ignore the voices. Don’t give into your fears. Giving in is reinforcing and could worsen the problem. Facing one’s fears is one of the best ways to combat anxiety. A therapist will teach you additional techniques. Once you are in treatment you will feel better. You will no longer feel alone. Please take care.

Voice in My Head